Development Quick Start Guide
1. Getting ready for development
- Go to mimik's developer portal: https://developer.mimik.com/
- Click on "Getting Started" to create a mimik developer account under Create An Account tab
- Go to your email inbox/spam, accept the confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Login to mimik's developer portal with your credentials
- Click on "Documentation"
- Create your developer profile and obtain your app ID by following instructions on 'Get Your Developer's Account' under "Getting Started" : https://developer.mimik.com/docs/getting-started/developeraccount
- Download edgeSDK from GitHub: https://github.com/mimikgit/edgeSDK/releases
- Install edgeSDK by following the instructions on INSTALLATION section https://developer.mimik.com/docs/installation/platformsupport
- Get your edgeSDK token by following instructions on 'Account Association' under "Getting Started"
Hint: You will need an edgeSDK token in order to test, deploy and export edgeSDK microservices on edgeSDK during development.
2. Developing microservices
- Clone mimik's edgeSDK GitHub repository: https://github.com/mimikgit/edgeSDK
- Look for microservice under the example directory.
- Understand mimik's serverless concept by reading mimik Serverless Concepts under API REFERENCES: https://developer.mimik.com/docs/api-guides/serverless
- Go through mimik's serverless APIs under mimik Serverless APIs under API REFERENCES: https://developer.mimik.com/docs/api-guides/apis
- Follow the above documentation to understand mimik's example edgeSDK microservice
- Checkout 'How to Build & Deploy edgeSDK Microservices' under 'MICROSERVICES' to build and deploy your newly created microservice to edgeSDK
Hint: After deployment, you can test your microservice by making HTTP requests to localhost:8083 on your local machine.
3. Developing mobile applications with edgeSDK and microservices
- Find mimik's edgeSDK example app under example directory of the same repository that you have previously cloned (Pt.2)
- Use the example app as template for development.
- App wrappers are located under mimik's GitHub repository or maven repository.
Hint: App wrapper will help you wrap your applications with edgeSDK, including authentication and operational such as microservice deployment.
For iOS development:
They are cocoapod package for iOS:
- for authentication: https://github.com/mimikgit/cocoapod-edge-app-auth
- for operations: https://github.com/mimikgit/cocoapod-edge-app-ops
- for integration: https://github.com/mimikgit/cocoapod-edge-wrapper
For Android development:
It is a gradle package under a maven repository: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/mimik-android-repo.
- for authentication : com.mimik.edgesdk-android-client:edgeappauth:0.1.8
- for operations: com.mimik.edgesdk-android-client:edgeappops:0.1.13
- for integration, user needs to install mimik edge service from Google Play Store; the developer can choose to prompt a redirection to Google Play Store if edgeSDK is not detected upon starting the application.
Hint: There is an edgeSDK detection function under edgeappops wrapper. Read through the wrapper's detailed in-the-code documentation and start developing
4. Developing desktop applications with edgeSDK and microservices ( for MAC, Linux, Windows, QNX and Raspbian platforms )
- Find mimik's edgeSDK example PC app under example directory of the same repository that you have previously cloned (Pt.2)
- Go through the JSONRPC APIs https://developer.mimik.com/docs/api-guides/jsonrpc to understand how can desktop applications communicate with edgeSDK to perform authentication, operations and integrations.