How to run edgeSDK on Windows
These instructions will walk you through getting the edgeSDK running on Windows 10.
This guide assumes that:
- You are running Windows 10 computer or laptop
- You have a wired or wireless internet connection
1. Download the latest Windows edgeSDK package from our github page. Note: Windows edgeSDK package is named under: ‘mimik_edge_service_setup-v#.#.#.zip’
2. Once the download is complete, unzip and extract all files to a location of your choice.
3. Double-click the executable file and follow the on screen instructions provided by Windows set-up wizard.
4. When the installation is finished, edge will be running as a service in the background.
5. You can check to see that it's running by openning up Task Manager and searching for "edge.exe"
You can use the curl command provided below in a terminal window and be able to see the following screen log:
curl -i http://localhost:8083/mds/v1/nodes
In the first couple of lines of the log, you see the access method e.g. Get, Post, Delete etc. As you see this log is a JSON file that shows the encrypted information about the current node.
Use the account association guide link your Developer Account to your edgeSDK allowing you to discover and make calls to devices that is not limited to your local network.
Follow this account association guide to link your Developer Account to your edgeSDK. That allows you to discover and make calls to devices that is not limited to your local network.