edgeSDK for IoT devs
Step 1. Create an edgeSDK project
- Sign in to mimik developer console.
- In the mimik developer console, click Create Project.
- Enter a Project Name.
- Upload a logo image if you want to use your own Project Logo.
- Submit the form with the auto-generated Redirect URI or enter your own.
Important: edgeSDK uses OAuth 2.0 for authentication and a redirect URI is necessary for the process. The standard format of redirect URI is
com.<string>://<string>. You can learn more about it here.
Step 2. Authenticate and authorize edgeSDK on your machine
- Download and install the latest edgeSDK OAuth Tool on your computer.
- Sign in to mimik develop console again and click on Open OAuth Tool under Projects.
Important: This will launch the installed OAuth Tool on your computer.
- Select your intended edgeSDK project for developing your current microservice.
- Change device's local IP address to the IP address of your intended authenticate device (your computer or IoT Device).
Important: You can delete localhost if you don't want to associate edgeSDK on your computer.
- Click Get edge Access Token to prompt a new log in session.
- After successful login, the Associate Device button should now be active.
- Click Associate Device and now edgeSDK is authenticated and authorized on your machine.
Step 3. Deploy and run edge microservice
If you want to build your own edge microservice, follow our starter guide for microservice development.
If you are not ready developing your own edge microservice, feel free to use our open source edge microservice to get started. To build and deploy our open source edge microservice, please read our guide on building edge microservice and deploying edge microservice.
Was this page helpful?